Dear Maya and Emi,
The last few weeks of summer vacation flew right by and it feels weird that school started up today. Here's what we've been up to:
- The Dutchess County Fair!
|Didn't see anyone else tailgating with sushi, haha!!|
|Emi identified lots of animals, even a (stuffed) coyote!|
|Maya's tan means she can totally pass as a brown bunny!|
|Maya loves the hamster water wheel|
|Emi skipped the roller coaster...|
|but Maya was ALL SMILES in the front seat!|
|We all enjoyed the carousel|
|And Maya has no fear of heights|
|A sparkly pink cat, of course|
|And Emi calmly squinted her way through some butterflies|
- We visited Nanny and Poppy after the fair (and took Nanny some fried dough!)
- Mommy promised a snow cone at this shop before summer ended but they were all out so we got (really good) ice cream instead!
- Maya, you stayed overnight with Grandma and Papa Stan and they took you back-to-school shopping. You were so happy to have them all to yourself!
Waiting (sort of) patiently for Grandma to pick her up with her backpack, tablet, and car seat
- Lots of fun, sweets, and silliness with Emi, too
She carried this 'coffee' around for a couple days!
- And, finally, today you started 1st grade, Maya! I haven't heard too many details about your day but you said you love your teacher and have a few friends in your class so all is good!
|Always snapping that backpack clasp!|
|Gorgeous kid courtesy of us, haircut save courtesy of Grandma|
|The initials and star embroidery are glow-in-the-dark!|
|Cute sneakers with pom poms--thanks Grandma and Papa Stan!|
|A special necklace she chose in North Caroline with Grandpa and Lori|
Well, mommy is going to get some rest. Uncle Matt and Aunt Rhi are moving this week (just one town over but we will miss them!) and all the packing and cleaning has my allergies in an uproar, plus I think I've caught a bit of a cold as well. Hopefully the two of you stay healthy!
Love you both!