Dear Maya and Emi,
Long time, no blog! While this blog used to be a way for mommy to clear her head every week it's getting harder to find the time anymore. Both because my business is growing and, of course, because the two of YOU are growing, life is moving faster so the posts are less frequent. I do love this record of our crazy, sweet little family so I hope I never give it up, and I do miss clearing my head on a more regular basis. Maybe it's time to put it on my calendar! Anyhow, here's how we spent January:
- Clare came to visit! Mommy spent a day with Clare and her friend Kelli, then then next day I brought you and Baba along. We had brunch, checked out some shops, and then you guys rushed us through the huge art museum that is Dia: Beacon. Despite how you guys look in this photo, you were happy to see her, and so was mommy!
- OMI. Speaking of art, we spent one rather warm Sunday at this outdoor sculpture garden you hadn't been to in a few years. It was the perfect way to beat the cabin fever we were feeling! Afterwards we stopped at Love Apple Farm for cookies and to visit with the animals.
- Crafting. Maya, you've learned to cross-stitch, you can fold origami butterflies, and you've drawn lots of cats plus all the characters from Ninjago; Emi, you create interesting drawings that combine objects and the people you love (i.e. Baba as the sun, Maya as a caterpillar)
- Dancing and being silly. Emi, you're opening up in your dance class more and more. Sometimes you don't pay enough attention, but I'm glad you're having fun with your friends. And at home you're a riot! Your sense of humor sometimes even gets you out of trouble ;)
- Growing up too fast! It happens every weekend when I take the time to actually dry your hair after your baths. You both look so grown up!
Well, I hear that you're up from your nap, Emi, and Maya, you have a snow day today so I should probably suggest some more activities for you to do. Love you both and hope to blog again SOON!