Dear Maya and Emi,
Over the few weeks since the last post, our schedule has become very full, very quickly. Maya, you're doing homework and acing spelling tests. Emi, you've started dance classes once a week and are learning tap and ballet basics. Mommy's super busy season has set in and I'm gone just about every evening. And Baba is working really hard, too, and taking up where mommy leaves off. We're all set to full speed, but we've had some fun, too.
We went apple, pumpkin & veggie picking with Grandma and Uncle Matt-Matt:
And dance class has been so cute!
|How Emi wanted to dress for her first class--all the other little girls were in leotards & tutus :)|
And we've had silly moments at home:
|Maya is finally consistently tying her shoes well.|
|Emi can draw a really cute koala|
And you've been cracking me up with your phrases lately, Emi. Here's a list of the best ones:
- I'm actually awesome (when sitting on the potty)
- You look amazing! (to mommy when I was wearing sweats and a ponytail)
- Turn the light on outside (when it got dark earlier than you were used to)
- I'm proud of you (when mommy got home from work and went in to give you a kiss)
- That's totally awesome, sir (when you were playing make-believe with ponies)
And Maya, your sense of humor and way of speech seems to be rapidly approaching pre-teen. You start lots of sentences with "I was like..." and then proceed to say whatever your reaction was in a silly, deeper voice. Sometimes you and mommy both find something funny at the exact same moment and catch each other's eye before we can even say anything. Between the moments of 6 year old whining and hyperactivity, I can see glimpses of the smart, fun, awesome woman you're turning into!
Well, mommy needs rest. Love you both!