Dear Maya & Emi,
The last month feels like it's covered about 4 months, and yet like it's sped by in about 5 minutes, too. Considering we started it off with snowfall and today have humid thunderstorms, hail, and tornado warnings, it really does seem like we're smooshing all the seasons together in one.
Here are some of the things we've been up to:
- Grandpa came to visit for a few days
- Cousin Gracie and Papa Stan's joint birthday party
- Maya, you and mommy went to the Children's Book Festival, met a few authors you love, and you volunteered to sing and sign with John Farrell, internationally loved children's singer/songwriter (and your teacher's husband, so you know a lot of his songs!)
- Maya, you also did some photo location scouting with me which was lots of fun
- Emi, you're gearing up for your dance recital and got to take photos in your costume last week
- Since dance photos were quicker than expected and since you were dressed up Emi, we stopped by some blossoming trees for a pre-Mother's Day selfie. Over the weekend we visited Nanny and Poppy, Grandma and Papa Stan, and had a relatively relaxing holiday of it!
- Other than that we've been playing outside, inside, and online :)
Well, mommy's going to go read with you before bed. Love you both!