Dear Maya & Emi,
It feels like we've been on a rollercoaster for the last few weeks and suddenly, at 11:30 this morning, we suddenly jumped off when you came home from your last day of kindergarten, Maya! Here it is in order of all that's happened:
- Maya, mommy accompanied you on your class field trip to a dairy farm! You enjoyed feeding the cows and their cute little blind pet sheep, Booboo. Mommy enjoyed watching you interact with the animals and your friends. It was a fun time!
- As soon as we got home from your field trip we headed to help Grandma and Papa Stan unpack their belongings at their new house! It's only about 10 minutes away and it's so comfy and fun for you both to explore. You're already asking to go over as much as possible!
- The next day we had to put Clio to sleep. Emi, you went to hang out with your cousins while Maya and I took her. Maya, you were unbelievably strong and sweet as you said your goodbyes to our kitty. We buried her in the backyard at Grandma's house and honored her with peonies (a few bloomed just in time!), a ring of pine cones that you two collected, and a little incense from Japan. We miss her but it comforts us all to be able to visit her little grave.
- This past weekend was Father's Day! We were really busy but we did give 'baba' lots of love and attention. Maya, you kept on making and finding more gifts for him on top of the cool art kit and shorts you bought him and the card and picture frame from school. It was really sweet!
- Yesterday was your kindergarten moving up ceremony, Maya! Grandma, Emi and mommy attended. After a slideshow and a few songs from all the students in the auditorium, we went to your classroom for snacks and to hang out for a bit. Emi, your big sister took such great care of you, getting extra snacks and making sure you had everything you needed. Maya, you (and mommy) will miss your awesome teacher Ms. Eckhart, but I know you'll do well in 1st grade!
- And finally, today was your last day of school!
Mommy has some fun things planned for our summer and I can't wait to surprise you. Love you both!