Dear Maya and Emi,
Mommy has lots of pretty pictures to share tonight, but not much energy to put a lot of words down here. In short, the weather outside's been frightful, but playing with you two has been delightful. And, oh yeah, Thanksgiving happened, too. Here are some highlights from the week:
- Emi, you've not been too fond of baths, but finally seemed to enjoy this one!
- Also, Emi, you've gone back and forth between being very agreeable/sleeping close to 11 hours one night, to being so cranky/waking so often some other nights that we wondered if you were teething. Yesterday afternoon while you were being fussy, mommy kept Maya busy decorating a gingerbread house we'd received. No time to make icing? Peanut butter'll do. No Christmassy candies on hand? A box of Jelly Bellies, the very last thing left from Halloween, to the rescue!
- We had a doozy of a snowstorm the day before Thanksgiving. Maya, you had such a blast!
- Maya, mommy got this semi-vintage leafy outfit at a consignment sale for you for Thanksgiving, then Auntie Charlotte handed down this matching shirt for you, Emi! Yay!
- Maya, the snow was still on the branches the day after Thanksgiving but it wasn't too cold so you and mommy scouted out some locales for mommy to take photos. Holy moly, was it beautiful at the rail trail!
- And on Sunday we exchanged family photo shoots in the park. Mommy will share the other photographer's pics when I have the full resolution versions, but in the meantime, here are a few that daddy and I took
Well, time for bed. Love you two!